ATLANTA (Nov. 21, 2016) -- You better save some room cause The Weather Channel is Thanks-giving you an all-day binge buffet of the most delicious weather you will ever feast your eyes on. The Thanksgiving Takeover: Top Ten Marathon starts on Thanksgiving day at noon ET.
Top Ten is a countdown program exploring everything from weather phobias to the ultimate examples of Mother Nature’s fury. And if that isn’t enough of a treat to get your appetite going, Weather Underground’s Mike Bettes and Alex Wilson have decided to hang out to host the all-day marathon.
Need reasons to watch?
10. Everyone around you is in a turkey induced coma
9. You’ve heard that legendary family story a zillion times too many
8. If you are forced to play another game of Parcheesi you will lose your mind
7. You’re the only democrat in a house of republicans (or vice versa)
6. Your creepy uncle just showed up and you really need a good excuse to avoid him
5. It gives you a legit reason not to help with the dreaded Thanksgiving day dishes
4. You're a vegan so this whole "Turkey Day" celebration isn't really for you
3. You barely know what a football is and don't want to throw one or be forced to watch a game
2. It's noon and you've already run out of things to talk about
1. It's, like, really, really good
The Weather Channel television network
For more than 34 years, The Weather Channel television network has been the leader in severe weather coverage, providing the most comprehensive analysis of any media outlet. For six years in a row, Harris Poll has ranked The Weather Channel as the “TV News Brand of the Year.” With trusted meteorologists who analyze, forecast and report the weather - its expertise is unrivaled. Engaging with fans and delivering content to feed their fascination with all things weather is paramount to the network’s mission. With the recently launched community platform, weloveweather.tv, the network created a 2-way dialogue with fans, establishing an ongoing relationship with those that have a passion for weather. For more information visit weathergroup.com.